Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Recipe: Zucchini Bread

I have decided to start featuring favorite recipes on my blog. I love to cook and bake, and trying out new recipes is one of my favorite hobbies. Today's recipe is for zucchini bread and is from my mom. I can't even remember how old I was when I first ate this zucchini bread, but it was definitely a favorite treat for breakfast and snacks growing up. The other day I baked it for the first time in awhile and it was just as good as I remembered! Hope y'all enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
3 eggs, well-beaten
2 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups raw grated zucchini
3 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Mix sugar, oil, and eggs 
2. Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
3. Add to egg mixture
4. Add zucchini and vanilla
5. Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes

*Be sure to let bread cool completely before removing from pan. This bread freezes well so you can eat one loaf now and freeze the other for later. 

Happy Baking!
-L
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment