Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

We All Scream for Ice Cream

In case y'all didn't know already, ice cream is my absolute favorite dessert. Even in the dead of winter I still eat ice cream on an almost daily basis. The summer heat makes this frozen treat even more delectable however. My favorite places to go out for ice cream are Dairy Queen, where I can enjoy a Blizzard, or a self-serve frozen yogurt place.
Delicious M&M Blizzard

Self-serve fro yo creation
As fun as it is to go out for ice cream, it can get expensive if you are a regular ice cream consumer like myself. Plus it's nice to be able to enjoy ice cream with just a quick trip to the freezer if you don't feel like going out. Here are some of my favorite flavors available from the grocery store. Since I eat ice cream so frequently I choose to buy the light or reduced fat varieties so it's at least a little bit healthier. And for portion control I serve it in these cute little Pyrex dishes. All things in moderation!
Breyers Blasts Chocolate Oreo
This is actually a frozen dairy dessert so it's lower in fat than regular ice cream. Chocolate with Oreo pieces=delicious!

Harris Teeter Brand Reduced Fat Take the Cake
I love this birthday cake flavored ice cream with sprinkles and ribbons of icing mixed in. If you don't have a Harris Teeter in your part of the country Mayfield has a good birthday cake ice cream, but it's not reduced fat.

Edy's Slow Churned Light Rocky Road
This is a newer variety of Edy's low fat ice cream. I like the fact that it has a lot of marshmallows and the almond pieces are small.

Harris Teeter Cookies & Cream Frozen Yogurt

Edy's Slow Churned Light Chocolate
Sometimes I'm just in the mood for plain chocolate and this is a great choice!

Breyer's Smooth & Dreamy low fat Vanilla Bean
Breyer's does vanilla ice cream the best- no doubt about it! I love the real vanilla bean specks!

These Pyrex Custard Cups are what I like to eat my ice cream out of. I also like to put the bowl in the freezer and let it sit for a little bit before serving my ice cream to keep it from melting as quickly.

Are you an ice cream eater? What are your favorite flavors?
-L
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment