Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Friday Five

Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving and didn't get caught in too much Black Friday craziness today! I ventured out to have lunch and coffee with an old friend who was in town for Thanksgiving who I don't get to see very often, but I didn't do any serious shopping. Here are five things I'm loving this week:

1. Mellow Mushroom Mega-Veggie Pizza
Last Saturday after the UNC game I ate at Mellow Mushroom for the first time in months. I get their Mega-Veggie pizza every time. It has tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, feta cheese, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes, tomatoes, green peppers, black olives, mushrooms, broccoli, and tofu. I'm not a vegetarian but I'm a big fan of vegetarian entrees and can definitely go a few days without eating meat. This pizza is downright amazing!

2. North Carolina Pendant Necklace
Last weekend when my best friend visited she brought me my Christmas present early. I had seen a picture of this North Carolina pendant necklace on Instagram and told her how much I liked it. She had seen it at a boutique recently and just had to go back and get it for me. She was so excited she just couldn't wait until Christmas to give it to me. I absolutely love it and it's a great way to show the world that I'm a proud NC girl! It will definitely be a great piece of jewelry for UNC game days too!

3. Pink Bee Koozie
A few weeks ago when I visited Pink Bee (my favorite Lilly store) in Greenville, SC, I got one of their koozies. The color is perfect for Carolina game days, so I broke it out at the tailgate last weekend!

4. Dean Smith Receives Presidential Medal of Freedom
Since I didn't do a Friday Five last week, I had to include this piece of news this week. On November 20, Dean Smith's family went to the White House to accept the Presidential Medal of Freedom on his behalf. Sadly, one of the greatest minds to ever coach college basketball is battling Alzheimers and was unable to travel and accept it himself due to deteriorating health. Regardless of political views, this is an accomplishment that should make any Carolina fan proud. Dean Smith was still the coach back when I first got into Carolina basketball in late elementary school and I vividly remember the day he announced his retirement like it was yesterday. All of the articles I have read about Dean Smith receiving this award have given me chills, and this one by Adam Lucas is especially great!

5. Inspiring Quote
"Your goal can be to use your past as a foundation for an outstanding life. The hurts of your past can become a springboard from which you rise to great strength."
One of my friends shared this quote, which is based on Romans 8:35-39, from a book she is reading. I loved it so much I had to share it on here and it is so true. In case you missed my post earlier this week, here is a glimpse at how God is using the pain of my past.

I hope y'all enjoy the rest of your Thanksgiving weekend and that it's filled with lots of rest, relaxation, and football! Go Heels! Beat Dook!
-Liz
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment