Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Search for the Perfect Jeans

I love to shop, but shopping for pants is an exception. Dresses, skirts, and tops are much more forgiving in my opinion, but pants have to fit to the unique contours of your body type or else they look frumpy rather than cute. For the longest time I bought pants that were too big for me but I have fortunately remedied that problem. In fact I have discovered some jeans that I love so shopping for pants is a much more pleasant experience, although it will never be my favorite.

Here are my go-to brands and styles. Keep in mind that they might not work for you but I highly recommend giving them a try!

J.Crew Matchstick jeans in classic rinse wash. I have become quite a fan of J.Crew jeans over the past year. The Matchstick style is fitted but not super tight and is extremely comfortable. Plus the short inseam works great for me. Being 5'3" sometimes short/petite pants are too short on me but the regular inseam is too long so it's really nice when the short inseam works so I don't have to get them hemmed. Plus the dark rinse is super classy and can be dressed up or down. Casual enough for a lazy Saturday but also dressy enough for a night on the town or a jeans Friday at the office. 


J.Crew ankle stretch toothpick jean in classic rinse. These jeans are similar to the Matchstick style but with a narrower leg, which makes it more suitable for tucking into boots. I have a pair of non-ankle jeans in this style that I got at the J.Crew outlet, but need to have them hemmed since the toothpick only come in regular and tall inseams. Speaking of the J.Crew outlet here is a bargain shopper tip: Buy both the Toothpick and Matchstick style jeans at the outlet if you live near one. You can get the exact same jeans and save at least $30 a pair, and likely more depending on what specials the outlet may have going on. At the J.Crew outlet I have frequently seen denim for 40% off the already discounted prices!


!iT brand jeans. I discovered this brand recently at a local boutique. As much as I love my J.Crew jeans I was still looking for a good pair of ultra skinny jeans with a legging-like feel. I tried on the Palo Alto ultra-skinny crop style and fell in love instantly. They fit me great and were super comfortable, plus a great price for boutique jeans so I bought them! The !iT brand company website doesn't have a place to order online, but with the store finder feature you can find out what places near you sell them and go try them on!

Have you found a brand/style of jeans that you love? Or are you still on the quest for that perfect pair? I'd love to hear your thoughts!


No comments:

Post a Comment