Pages

Friday, January 9, 2015

Friday Five

Happy New Year y'all! Can't believe it's 2015! Hope everyone's year is off to a wonderful start! Here are a few things I'm loving this week:

1. Lilly Pulitzer Riley Scarf in Entourage
I snagged this scarf for a great price during Lilly Pulitzer's online sale earlier this week. I received it yesterday, and getting such a cheerful package warmed up an absolutely frigid day! Lilly prints with animals are my favorite, and the color scheme in this one is a bit different than my other Lilly scarves. The pink tassels add a fun touch as well. I'd love to hear what y'all picked up from Lilly's New Year's After Party Sale!

2. Lilly Pulitzer Elephant Critter Earrings

I have been wanting these ever since they came out, and was thrilled to open them on Christmas morning! They are more lightweight than some of my other Lilly studs, which I like. As y'all know, I'm a sucker for anything and everything with elephants!

3. Tory Burch Cosmetic Case
Right before the holidays Tory Burch sent me a $50 gift card! The catch was it had to be used by December 31, 2014, so I couldn't save it to put towards a bag or pair of shoes. So I ordered this classic black patent cosmetic case. It's so elegant that I keep it on top of my dresser with some favorite pieces of jewelry inside. As a bonus they threw in a free Tory Burch flash drive! What a fun Christmas present to me from Tory Burch!

4. C. Wonder Nylon Tote
So it feels ironic having something C. Wonder right below something Tory Burch. If you haven't heard already, C.Wonder is closing all their retail stores. Some are speculating that C. Wonder failed because founder Chris Burch (Tory Burch's ex-husband) founded it on the premise of "revenge retail" aka to get back at Tory. I feel like I'm betraying Tory by purchasing things from her ex-husband's company, but I can't help it that the prices are a lot lower and there is some really cute stuff. I bought this small nylon tote for 75% off the week after Christmas. At the time I bought it, I just thought they were having a really big post-Christmas sale. Then one week later when the news broke that C.Wonder was closing it all made sense. This purse is similar to a Longchamp except I actually like it better since it has a fabric lining and one zip interior pocket plus two open interior pockets. I like having nylon purses too because I prefer not to carry my nice leather purse when it's raining or when I'm going someplace it might get dirty. 

5. J.McLaughlin Consignment Shop Find
I recently discovered a new-to-me consignment shop in my city. Last week when I had a friend visiting I went for the first time and saw this J.McLaughlin zebra print top. I decided to pass on it that day, but went back this week and it was still there AND marked down 50%! Any non-designer items that have been in the store for more than 30 days are automatically marked down 50%. And even though J.McLaughlin is a nice brand it's not considered designer so it was marked down to $10! I tried it on and loved the way it fit so had to go for it! This is my first piece of J.McLaughlin- I had heard of it because some of the Lilly boutiques I had been too also carried J.McLaughlin.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!
-Liz
xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment