Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Seriously Seersucker!

So Easter Sunday was about two weeks ago. Of course the most important aspect of this holiday is the Resurrection of Jesus and the celebration of the hope and eternal life it brings. My second favorite thing about Easter is the fact that it marks the beginning of seersucker season! I am a stickler on the "no seersucker, white, or linen before Easter or after Labor Day" rule. Thus, it makes me happy that starting on Easter I can reintroduce seersucker into my wardrobe after 6-7 months of hibernation in my closet.

I was excited to wear my new Lilly seersucker dress to church on Easter Sunday. I fell in love with this dress the moment I tried it on and was very happy my wonderful parents got it for me as a birthday present. This shift-style dress is super flattering and fits the contours of the body perfectly without being too tight or restraining. And the ruffles at the neckline are absolutely precious!
Lilly Pulitzer Adeline Dress in Hotty Pink Lucky Seersucker. Spring 2012.

Then after I got home from church I changed into my Lilly seersucker shorts. It was definitely nice to be able to wear them again!
Lilly Pulitzer Callahan shorts in Hotty Pink Seerious Sucker. Summer 2010.

Here is another seersucker delight I'm loving this season:

J.Crew outlet seersucker mini
I found this for 40% off on a recent outlet visit and couldn't pass it up. I look forward to wearing it all spring and summer and it will be especially adorable for the 4th of July! It is currently available on the J.Crew Factory website and at J.Crew outlet stores.

The remaining seersucker items are not part of my closet at this time but I love them nonetheless:

Lilly Pulitzer Blossom Dress in Worth Blue Sweet Little Lady Embroidery.
I am absolutely loving this strapless seersucker dress from one of the most recent shipments of the Lilly Pulitzer Spring 2012 collection! It is most definitely on my wish list! I adore all the details: pink piping, pockets, and precious embroidered lady bugs. This screams SUMMER!

Lilly Pulitzer also produced this lovely embroidered seersucker print in:

&


Lilly Pulitzer Jarvey Skort in Starfruit Yellow Horse Show Embroidery
Another great seersucker piece from the Lilly Pulitzer Spring 2012 collection. I love the ric-rac detail! Plus Lilly skorts are great because they have the appearance of a mini-skirt but have built-in bloomers underneath.


Lilly Pulitzer Buttercup Short in Hotty Pink Lucky Seersucker.
These seersucker shorts from the Lilly Spring 2012 line also come in light blue and white. I love the scalloped hem!


Lilly Pulitzer Opening Night Clutch
While I don't think I would actually use this seersucker clutch enough to justify ever purchasing I still think it's sooo cute and a wonderful way for Lilly to incorporate seersucker into their Spring 2012 accessory line.


Vineyard Vines Sashay Carolyn Dress in Multi Patchwork Seersucker
A classic strapless seersucker dress from Vineyard Vines. Perfect for church, an afternoon summer wedding, backyard BBQ and cookouts, or just a day or night out on the town!

Vineyard Vines Seersucker Skirt
I love the bow and buttons on this adorable seersucker skirt from Vineyard Vines. It also comes in pink and camel.

Seersucker is a staple in a spring/summer wardrobe in the South and I plan to get as much wear as possible out of my favorite pieces between now and Labor Day. Hope y'all do the same!
What are your favorite seersucker pieces from this season or faithful standbys from previous seasons? Are you a stickler on seasonally appropriate fashion rules as well? I'd love to hear thoughts from y'all!

1 comment: