Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday Five

Hope y'all have had a great first week of fall! My apologies for getting this post up at the 11th hour.

1. The Real Carolina
Since I didn't post a Friday Five last week I had to include this little geography lesson on this week's list. First of all, to any Gamecock fans who follow my blog- please don't be offended! And yes I realize UNC lost the game last week, but that doesn't change the fact that the UNC is the REAL Carolina in my eyes! I got a great chuckle out of this picture that was circulating around social media the day of the Carolina vs. SOUTH Carolina football game.

2. 31 Things I Learned From Friends
My high school friends and I love the TV show Friends, and used to get together all the time to watch it on DVD. This week one of my high school friends emailed us all a link to this Buzz Feed entitled "31 Things I Learned from Friends." It definitely brought back lots of great memories!

3. Lilly Pulitzer Gretchen Dress in Get Hoppy
I needed a cute casual dress to wear to an event in October, and I wanted something Lilly Pulitzer of course. I bought the Gretchen Dress in this adorable pink and navy frog print, which is the one new print from Lilly's Fall 2013 line that I really like. The dress is so comfy and I will definitely get a lot of wear out of it after my event as well! 

4. Following Seasonal Fashion Rules
I don't like having to put away my white jeans and seersucker after Labor Day, but I am an old-fashioned Southern stickler on that rule and love following it. As much as I miss wearing white jeans and seersucker, I cringe at the sight of someone wearing them between Labor Day and Easter. No, just no! Here's a link back to a full post I did last year on this classic fashion debate!

5. Encouraging Tweets
I highly recommend following @GODs_Graces on Twitter! They post the most encouraging stuff and I especially love this tweet they posted today! A great reminder that even though things aren't perfect in my life, I am so incredibly blessed and have absolutely no reason to complain!

Have a great weekend y'all!
-Liz
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment