Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Five

I have seriously been the worst blogger in 2014. I'm still adjusting to working full-time, settling into a new place, and finding time to blog regularly. But I'm finally back with another Friday Five and linking up with A. Liz Adventures and friends!


1. Carolina Beats Duke!

Okay so this shows how bad I've been about blogging. I haven't blogged since Carolina beat Duke two weeks ago. The Heels were down for most of the game but made a comeback in the final minutes to emerge victorious. The big test will be tomorrow night when they travel to Duke to play the final regular season game. Carolina is on a 12-game winning streak and I'm hoping they can make it 13!


2. Tory Burch Amanda Classic Hobo in Royal Tan
I had been wanting a large tan leather purse for awhile, and had my eyes on this Tory Burch bag from the Amanda collection for awhile. So a few weeks I splurged and treated myself to it. I think of it as a Valentine's Day present and early birthday present (my birthday is at the end of March.) It is a great size- big enough to hold all my essentials plus plenty of room for a book, journal, or planner. Yet it's not too big- since I'm only 5'3" huge leather handbags tend to overwhelm my frame. The Amanda hobo is perfect though, and and the exterior pockets are perfect for my iPhone. The logo flap on the front opens up to reveal a pocket, and there is also an open pocket on the back. I like that this purse has the option of a long strap to be worn over the shoulder or messenger style, but I prefer to carry it by the shorter handles over my shoulder. If you're looking to invest in a nice tan leather handbag, I highly recommend the Tory Burch Amanda hobo!

3. Pink Gingham Southern Proper Frat Hat
I couldn't resist adding another Southern Proper Frat Hat to my collection recently. This pink gingham is adorable and I feel like it's so "me."

4. It's March!
Even though the beginning of March still feels like winter (and this year is DEFINITELY no exception), I always love the arrival of March because psychologically I know that that cold days will soon be coming to a close and Spring is on its way. It also means the best month of college basketball has arrived, and it's my birthday month! I find it fitting that my Lilly planner featured one of my all-time favorite prints, Chin Chin, on the cover page for March.

5. Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl by Lysa Terkeurst
I'm currently reading this book and doing the Participant's Guide on my own. My mentor is reading it for the Bible Study she leads on Wednesday nights in SC, the same Bible Study I used to be part of until I moved back to NC. So it's cool to be able to talk with her about stuff I'm learning even though I can't be there in person each week. The book is amazing and I'll have to write another post later on lesson's I've learned from it!

Have a great weekend and Go Heels!
-Liz
xoxo

1 comment: