Pages

Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday Five

Hope y'all have had a great week! I can't believe March is almost over. I'm linking up with A.Liz Adventures and friends again this week for Friday Five!


 1. Lilly Pulitzer Perfume
I thought Lilly perfume was long gone, so I was super excited to find not one but TWO bottles at TJ Maxx during my lunch break this week!

2. Precious Quote 
I often struggle with unfulfilled dreams and desires. One in particular was particularly weighing me down this week, so I went back and re-read this beautiful quote that a precious friend texted me a couple weeks ago. It's a great reminder to keep my eyes on Jesus and make Him my number one obsession. Easier said than done though!

3. Consolation Treats
A couple of my awesome co-workers knew I would be feeling rough after UNC's loss in the second round of the NCAA Tourney last Sunday, so they brought me some treats on Monday to cheer me up.

4. Free Chick-fil-a Birthday Cookie
One of the best things about having a Chick-fil-a calendar card is that you get a free cookie the month of your birthday. I went ahead and redeemed mine this week! Yum!

5. Birthday Celebration Begins
I have a sweet friend in town this weekend to help me get my birthday celebration underway! We went out tonight to watch March Madness, even though my Tar Heels are out of the tourney. And I laughed at myself due to the fact that I wore a Lilly dress out to watch basketball, as this represents an unlikely combination of obsessions that one girl might have. My friend replied to my observation by simply saying "only you Liz."

Hope y'all have a great weekend!
-Liz
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I was also saddened by the UNC loss! I have never heard of the Chick-fil-A birthday cookie, I think I need to look into that. I found both of those Lilly perfumes back at my Marshall's about two years ago. I love the Squeeze one, Beachy to me smells exactly like the beach so I love wearing it in the summer when I am missing the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard sometimes to keep God as our focus. The world is constantly getting in the way.

    What nice coworkers. And a free cookie! Yeah! And happy birthday to you this month. :)

    ReplyDelete