Pages

Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Five

I'm back with another Friday Five! It's hard to believe summer is almost over- it has flown by!

1. Another Gorgeous Summer Sunset
This picture was taken about 10 days ago when I had ice cream with some friends at a dairy farm out in the country. They have this awesome covered porch with rocking chairs where you can sit and eat ice cream, chat with friends, and watch the sun set. 

2. Lilly Pulitzer Maddie Fleece in True Navy
I ordered this navy Lilly Pulitzer fleece jacket for more than 50% off retail during the After Party Sale (formerly known as the Endless Summer Sale). I already have it in pink and in black, but was really hoping to add the navy to my collection since I definitely have a handful of fall/winter clothes that the navy will go better with. I'm so excited it has already arrived! 

3. World Elephant Day
August 12 was World Elephant Day, and since I  haven't posted since then, I wanted to share this collage I made in honor of the occasion. This collage only captures a small portion of the number of elephant items I own. It would be an interesting project to figure out the exact number sometime. I'm just a bit obsessed!

4. Fried Pimiento Cheese and Fruit Salad
Last weekend I went to go visit one of my best friends and we ate dinner at this local restaurant where I got this AMAZING salad! The fried pimiento cheese is perfection! It looks like crab cakes on the outside, but when you cut it open it oozes pimiento cheese. There are also candied walnuts, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, lettuce, tomato, and shredded cheese. The fruit and lettuce balances the fried pimiento cheese to make it healthy, right?!

5. Lilly Pulitzer Liz Shift in Sunnyside
Ever since I got the Lilly Pulitzer Liz Shift in the Crazy Cat House print for my birthday back in the spring, I have wanted it in the Sunnyside print. Not only do I share my name with this dress style, but it is so classic and fits me really well. I couldn't justify paying full price though. When I was in Hilton Head a month ago, the Belk there happened to have it for 50% off. There was only one left and it was MY SIZE, so it was totally meant to be! I went for it then because I didn't want to risk not getting it in the end of summer Lilly online sale. The pink and green lion print is adorable!

Hope y'all have a great weekend and soak up these final days of summer!
-Liz
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment