Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Saturday Six

I didn't get this post together in time to publish yesterday, but I still wanted to share several things I'm loving this week. So instead of the Friday Five I'm doing the Saturday Six!

1. Lilly Pulitzer South Carolina Print Murfee Scarf

I am a North Carolina girl through and through and already have the North Carolina print scarf. I decided that I wanted to add the South Carolina print Murfee to my collection because the Palmetto State holds a special place in my heart. I went to school in South Carolina and even lived there for over two and a half years after I was finished with school. Some of my best friends still live there and my time living there played a huge role in shaping me into who I am today. The print is also gorgeous- it will look great with an orange top or dress for Clemson game day- I have a friend in SC who is like a second mom to me and her whole family is HUGE Clemson fans and I sometimes go to Clemson athletic events with them. 

2. Lilly Pulitzer Mirror Compact with Blotting Papers

One factor that encouraged me to purchase the South Carolina Murfee scarf this weekend is that Lilly is currently doing a Gift With Purchase (GWP) promotion where you get this printed compact with mirror and blotting papers free with ANY purchase, no minimum spend. Some of Lilly's no minimum spend level GWPs are better than others, and this was a pretty good one so I went for it. If you have oily skin like me, blotting papers are a must, especially in the summer!

3. Personalized Coke Zero
I have had fun searching for Coke Zero bottles with my name in stores. I have bought a few, and when I add a Lilly koozie it makes the ultimate personalized Coke Zero. I don't know why I think this Share A Coke campaign is so cool, but I do. 

4.. New Digital Camera
I upgraded my digital camera a couple weeks ago. My old one which I'd had for a little over five years still worked fine, but I wanted a point and shoot with a little higher megapixels and zoom. The best feature about this camera that really encouraged me to take the plunge is it's built in WiFi capability. You can send pictures from the camera to your phone without having to upload them to a computer first. I really like this because I love to Instagram and text photos to people, but I prefer the quality of a digital camera as opposed to an iPhone camera, especially in low lighting situations. In the past I would wait until I got back from a trip or outing to share photos on Instagram or via text, unless I wanted to upload a lower quality picture immediately. I love that now I can take high quality pictures and share instantly. Plus this new camera takes even clearer pictures than my other digital camera. If you're in the market for a new point and shoot digital camera I highly recommend the Canon PowerShot ELPH 340 HS.

5. Gorgeous Summer Sunset
On Thursday night I went to a minor league baseball game with some friends, and the sunset was absolutely breathtaking!

6. Friendship Quote
I came across this quote as I was going through pics on my phone. I had screenshot this from Instagram or Twitter awhile back. I have been thinking and reflecting on how so very true it is. I have friends that I have known for a relatively small percentage of my life, but I feel like I've been friends with them forever. And they have stood by me and helped me through some really difficult seasons in life. 

Hope y'all are having a great weekend and staying dry!
-Liz
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment