Pages

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Wear It Now, Wear It Later

Spring/Summer clothes are definitely my favorite. I am so glad summer has just begun so I can continue wearing my warm weather faves for a few more months! However, it is always nice to buy an article of clothing that I can wear year-round. Here is a look at three pieces of clothing I bought and wore last fall/winter and have continued to wear this spring and summer. Then when cooler weather returns (not anytime soon thank goodness) I still incorporate them into my wardrobe.
Item 1: Lilly Pulitzer Hotty Pink Elsa Top

Right now I am wearing this loose cotton blouse with my white skinny jeans and Jack Rogers.

During the colder months I swap my white skinny jeans for dark skinny jeans, and my
Jacks for my Tory Burch Reva ballet flats. I often swap my pearls for a cashmere/silk blend Lilly scarf (the pearl earrings are a constant though)!

Item 2: Lilly Pulitzer Paley Cardigan in Bright Navy Showtime Dot

Right now I am wearing this fun cardigan with shorts and Jack Rogers. I currently don't have any white shorts so I would actually wear my khaki ones, but I really like the way white shorts look with it.

Then in the fall/winter I pair it with dark skinny jeans instead of shorts, and cowgirl
boots instead of Jacks.

Item 3: Lilly Pulitzer Printed Cassie Top in Starry Blue Drama Queen

Right now I am wearing this printed cotton top with white jeans and gold Jack Rogers.

Then when fall rolls around it's skinny jeans and cowgirl boots.

Wear It Now, Wear It Later by lillyliz on polyvore.com

All three of these "wear it year-round" items are by Lilly Pulitzer, which shows that even though Lilly is best known for bright printed summery sundresses, they definitely know how to incorporate some versatile pieces into their collections that can be worn during the warm and cold months. 
What are some pieces y'all are wearing this summer that you also wear in the fall and winter?

-L
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment