Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Friday Five

1. The Royal Baby- Prince George!
Nothing makes a Monday morning more exciting than news that Kate Middleton is in labor! The world anxiously awaited for news of the birth, particularly whether there would be a little prince or princess. At 4:24pm British time The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge welcomed a precious baby boy into the world, and a few hours later word traveled across the Atlantic. I can't get enough of this adorable little family and am looking forward to reading this week's Collectors Edition of People magazine. Kate Middleton always looks absolutely flawless, even one day after giving birth! I adore the Carolina blue polka dot Jenny Packham dress she wore to officially debut Prince George to the world on the steps outside St. Mary's Hospital.

2. Lilly Pulitzer Sleeveless Island Polo

 A couple weeks ago I was in a Lilly Pulitzer store and bought the Sleeveless Island Polo in Sunrise Orange for 50% off! (This color looks especially nice with my Ice Cream Social shorts). I don't have many sleeveless polos or Lilly polos so this was a nice addition to my closet. In fact, I loved the fit and comfort so much that I went back a few days later to get one in Glenda Green!

3. Stella & Dot Elephant Weekender Bag
The cousin of a longtime family friend recently launched her business as a Stella & Dot Stylist. She knew I loved elephants, so she brought this precious elephant print weekender bag to my attention. I have a carry-on size basic black Samsonite rolling suitcase, several smaller duffel/tote bags, and a jumbo LL Bean duffel bag that is not very practical because it's awkward to carry. I didn't have any bags quite like this, so decided to order it! It came yesterday and I love it! The size is great and it's so much cuter and more fun than my boring black rolling suitcase. This will definitely be my primary weekend trip bag from now on! And you can see in the picture below from the Stella & Dot website that the bag is expandable, in case you're an over-packer like me! If you want to purchase one and don't have a Stella & Dot Stylist, I highly recommend Sarah! Follow this link to go to her Stylist page and order this bag (or other goodies) through her!

4. Beach Drinks
Few things are more wonderful than enjoying an cold beverage in a Lilly Pulitzer koozie on the beach, like I did with one of my best friends last weekend! Wish we were there again this weekend!

5. Karen Kingsbury Anniversary Tweet
This past Tuesday I saw on Facebook and Twitter that Karen Kingsbury, my favorite author, was celebrating her 25th wedding anniversary with her husband Don! So I tweeted "Happy Anniversary" to her, not thinking she would actually respond, since I'm sure she gets tons of tweets each day. Sure enough, she took the time to reply to me and it made my day!!! KK and her husband are such an amazing example of a Godly marriage! Also, my dear friend and Godly mentor, who is actually the one who got me hooked on Karen Kingsbury books, will be celebrating 25 years of marriage with her husband next Tuesday! I think that's so cool her wedding was exactly one week after KK's! 

Have a great weekend!
-L
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment