Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Featured Recipe: Broccoli Salad

I haven't posted a recipe in forever, and last week I made a delicious broccoli salad to take to a potluck lunch at work. The recipe is quick and simple and would be great to take to barbeques and picnics during the remainder of summer, and then to tailgates in the fall! I used this recipe as a guide when I made my broccoli salad, mainly so I would know how much broccoli to use and how to make the dressing. I altered the extra ingredients from the original recipe- I didn't have any cheddar cheese on hand so I omitted it this time. I also used sunflower kernels instead of onion and I added raisins. Next time I make it I will probably add some cheddar cheese into the mixture.

Ingredients:
4 crowns broccoli, chopped
1/2 cup sunflower kernels
1 cup raisins
3/4 cup crumbled bacon (I used Hormel bacon bits-found in pizza toppings section)
1 cup light mayo
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar

Directions:
1. Chop broccoli and place in large bowl. Add sunflower kernels, raisins, and bacon; then set aside.
2. In a separate small bowl mix together mayo, sugar, and apple cider vinegar to make dressing.
3. Pour dressing over the broccoli mixture, and stir with a spatula until broccoli etc. is evenly coated.
4. Cover bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve. (This is best made at least a few hours in advance so that broccoli and other ingredients can soak up the dressing.)


Enjoy!
-L
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment