Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Five

Happy Friday y'all! Hope you've had a great week! For this week's Friday Five I am linking up with A. Liz Adventures for Five on Friday! I've never done a link-up before, so thought it would be fun.
1. Lilly Pulitzer Cassie Dress in Lagoon Green Stripe
This week my purchase from last week's Lilly Pulitzer sale on Rue La La came! I got this gorgeous striped Cassie Dress! I adore Lilly's knit dresses because they're so easy and comfortable so I'm thrilled to add this one to my collection. This particular Cassie can be worn year-round- with Jacks now and then with tights and boots when it gets cold (which I don't even want to think about right now). Plus the Cassie is so versatile with multiple options for accessorizing. Stay tuned for a post real soon about the endless styling possibilities of the Lilly Pulitzer Cassie Dress! Also for those of y'all that have the Cassie: I'm curious as to whether you buy your normal size or size up. I go back and forth. I ordered my normal size in this one and it works, but I have also bought one size up for a looser fit. 

2. Stella & Dot Elephant Pouf
This week I also received a package with the elephant print cosmetic pouf I got as a bonus gift with the weekender bag I ordered during July. The shape of this cosmetic bag enables it to hold a lot, and I actually plan to use mine to store jewelry. You can order the pouf by itself on the Stella & Dot website. My stylist Sarah is awesome!

3. Royal Birth Commemorative Souvenir Edition of The Times
One of my good friends was visiting London at the time of the royal birth. Before she left I had told her how jealous I was that she would be there during all the hoopla. So she was sweet enough to bring home a special edition copy of the UK newspaper commemorating the royal birth!

4. Silver Elephant Charm Necklace
I recently found this simple silver elephant charm necklace at Target recently, and couldn't resist getting it. I like how the chain is long, but the pendant is still small and elegant. 

5. Ending of Dumbo
Image via
All the cute elephant stuff I've gotten lately has reminded me of my favorite fictional elephant, Dumbo. When I was a kid, I don't think I watched Dumbo as much as some of the other Disney movies. I was obsessed with the Dumbo ride at Disney World though, and would make my parents wait in long lines to ride it with me. While there are some really sad, and even downright disturbing parts in Dumbo, the ending is absolutely precious! It might be my favorite happy ending of a classic Disney movie. Dumbo triumphs and he is reunited with his mother for good in their own private circus train car. I am not ashamed to admit I collect the Disney classics on DVD when they come out of the vault, and I definitely have Dumbo. You're never too old to appreciate an adorable animated baby elephant!

Have a great weekend!
-Liz
xoxo

1 comment: