Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Give Thanks to the Lord!

Happy Thanksgiving y'all! I hope everyone has had a restful day filled with food, family, and friends! This year I am thankful for the most amazing friends in the world, both old and new. I'm also so blessed to have found an amazing new church that has wonderful worship, teaching, and fellowship. Most importantly, I'm thankful for everything God has done in my life in the past year! To read more about the journey I've been on in the past year please check out my post from earlier this week. As a follow-up, I want to share some verses that have been especially meaningful to me as God has healed me and drawn me closer to Him:

"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord." -Psalm 40:1-3

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." -Ephesians 3:20

"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." -2 Corinthians 4:17-18

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things." -Philippians 4:8

"We live by faith, not by sight." -2 Corinthians 5:7

"The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised." -Job 1:21

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." -James 1:2-4

"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you." -James 4:7-8a

"Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, 'So shall your offspring be.'" -Romans 4:18

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come." -Proverbs 31:25

"Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord." -Psalm 27:14

These are just a handful of verses that have encouraged me or described how God has worked in my life over the past year! I have so much to be thankful for! God calls us to be thankful every day and not just one day out of the year, and to give thanks in ALL circumstances, not just when things are going our way. I strive to have a heart of thanksgiving, and because I'm human I don't always succeed, but His grace is sufficient!

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." -Psalm 118:1

Have a blessed night and stay safe if y'all venture out in Black Friday shopping!
-Liz
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment