Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Friday Five

Happy Friday y'all! Can't believe how quickly June has flown by! Here's this week's Friday Five:

1. Tory Burch Sunglasses from Saks Off Fifth
I had been wanting a pair of Tory Burch sunglasses for awhile. A couple weeks ago I was in the Saks Outlet and saw a pair I liked but talked myself out of buying them. Then yesterday I went back to see if they were still there (and since I still wanted them I assured myself it wouldn't be an impulse buy). I ended up finding another pair I liked even better! They are actually the same style of the pair I originally liked, but a different color. I ended up getting them for 50% off suggested retail! I think they're very Jackie O! Plus I love the sides:
And the orange leather case they came with is beautiful:

2. Lilly Pulitzer Cassie Dress in New Green
I recently bought my first Cassie Dress by Lilly Pulitzer during a sale. It is so easy and comfortable, and can be dressed up or down depending on what shoes and accessories you wear. It's also so versatile-it can be worn belted or unbelted; and with a scarf, pearls, simple necklace, or statement necklace. I got the New Green color. I purchased in a store, but if you are buying online just know that it's a darker, bolder green and not a minty green like it appears on the Lilly website.

3. "Strangely Dim" by Francesca Battistelli
This is my newest favorite worship song. It was the offertory solo in church last Sunday, and then I heard it again on Tuesday in a waiting room. The lyrics are AMAZING! They are all about how when we fix our eyes on Jesus everything else becomes so insignificant. God just knew that I really needed to hear this song this week! Heres the chorus-it is sooo powerful!
But when I fix my eyes on all that You are
Then every doubt I feel
Deep in my heart
Grows strangely dim
All my worries fade
And fall to the ground
Cause when I seek Your face
And don't look around
Any place I'm in
Grows strangely dim

4. Edy's Light Caramel Coconut Cookie Ice Cream
Edy's has changed the name of their delicious Samoa slow-churned reduced fat ice cream, but it still tastes amazing and is one of my favorites!

5. Quote shared by Olympic Gymnast Shawn Johnson
Shawn Johnson shared this quote on her Instagram recently and although my high school swim team days are a thing of the past by more than a few years, I still loved it. I really admire athletes who use their athletic talents and fame to be a platform for Christ and His glory. I have a dear friend and mentor whose son will soon begin his college athletic career, so I shared this quote with her and she absolutely loved it too!

Have a great weekend y'all!
-L
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Good morning! Just came across your blog, love it! The Cassie dress is one of my favorites, I've even worn it with tights in the winter time to give myself a break from dull winter colors!
    cheers,
    JR
    www.jrmazur.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete