Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Trust and Thankfulness

Over the past several weeks I have come across some great quotes and verses in my devotionals about trust and thankfulness. I wanted to share a few of them here. And if you don't own them already, go grab a copy of Jesus Calling by Sarah Young and Streams In The Desert by L.B. Cowman. They are AMAZING!!!

"I want to be central in your entire being. When your focus is firmly on Me, My Peace displaces fears and worries...Let trust and thankfulness stand guard, turning back fear before it can gain a foothold."
-Jesus Calling

"Let your thoughts and spoken words be richly flavored with trust and thankfulness." -Jesus Calling
(I LOVE this one!!!)

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." -Isaiah 26:3
(One of my favorite verses!)

"Seek my Face with a teachable spirit. Come into My Presence with thanksgiving, desiring to be transformed." -Jesus Calling

"It's all that 'supposing' that's making you so miserable. You'd better give that up and simply trust the Lord." -Hannah Whitall Smith (from Streams In The Desert)

"Nothing pleases the Lord as much as praise. There is no greater evidence of faith than the virtue of genuine thanksgiving...Are you thanking him for the countless blessings He has bestowed upon you? Are you thanking Him for the countless blessings He has bestowed upon you? Are you boldly praising Him even for the trials in your life, which are actually blessings in disguise? And have you learned to praise Him in advance for answers yet to come?" -Streams In The Desert

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." -Colossians 2:6-7

"Thank Me for your problems. As soon as your mind gets snagged on a difficulty, bring it to Me with thanksgiving...The very act of thanking Me releases your mind from its negative focus." -Jesus Calling

"I rejoice when you trust Me enough to enjoy your life lightheartedly." -Jesus Calling

I hope y'all are as encouraged by these quotes and verses as I am! I feel that they really capture what God has been teaching me lately- He has really been at work in my heart and life!
-L
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment