Pages

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Summer Essentials: Sweet Shorts

My apologies for being so slack with posts lately! I promise I have lots of ideas for posts in my head, it's just a matter of sitting down and making them happen! Plus I was out of town again last weekend, and blogging seems to take a backseat whenever I'm traveling, regardless of how brief the trip is. Anyways, today I'm sharing some of my top picks for fun shorts this season. Shorts are the ultimate casual summer wardrobe essential, and you can never have too many! It's always good to have a variety: solids, stripes, and prints; neutral and colorful. They are perfect for lounging around the house, running errands, or a enjoying a low-key gathering with friends. You can also dress up shorts with a nice top, wedges, and jewelry for going out. Here are some pairs currently available that I am especially loving:
I just bought these shorts last weekend. They are even brighter in person, but I love that! And I adore the name of this print!

Seersucker+scallops = another winner from Lilly

These Old Navy shorts are cute and inexpensive. Sometimes Old Navy stuff looks and feels cheap, but I have these shorts and they are definitely not. They are great quality for the price.

Another great value pair of shorts from Old Navy! I have these as well and love them! They are a great take on the black&white trend.

One of my favorite Lilly prints of all-time comes in the Callahan shorts!

This is one of my favorite prints from Lilly's Summer 2013 collection.

You can't go wrong with a classic pair of pink seersucker shorts from J.Crew Factory!

I have and love these classic madras shorts from the J.Crew outlet.

These are the perfect basic khaki shorts. Other colors are available too!

Gingham and scallops: another adorable combination from Lilly!

J.Crew combines two popular trends-chambray and polka dots!

This pretty green crab print is another one of my favorites from Lilly Pulitzer Summer 2013!

A fun, preppy, and inexpensive pair of critter shorts from Old Navy.

I have these shorts as well, and they are a great pair of plain white shorts to match everything! The all-over tonal embroidery adds a nice texture to them, and prevents them from wrinkling easily the way that white chino shorts tends to do.

As y'all can tell, there is no shortage of cute shorts to be found this summer! Where are your favorite places to shop for shorts and what are your favorite styles?
-L
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment