Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Five

1. J.Crew Factory Elephant Critter Necklace
I have wanted this elephant critter necklace from the J.Crew outlet for months now, but hadn't been able to get one in-store, and then when they sold out I didn't want to pay for shipping online. This week they got a new shipment in-store, so I finally bought one. Plus it was 30% off! I love elephants, so it won't be a big deal to deviate from my usual pearl necklace or Lilly scarf to wear this this around my neck!  J.Crew Factory online is currently sold out of this necklace but your closest outlet store might have some in-stock.

2. Psalm 112:7
This was one of the key verses in my Jesus Calling devotional this week, and it's one of my favorites! So powerful and comforting!

3. Between Sundays by Karen Kingsbury
In honor of Super Bowl weekend, Between Sundays is another great Karen Kingsbury book with two fictional 49ers quarterbacks as main characters. Aaron Hill is the young star quarterback who is arrogant and self-centered, while Derrick Anderson is the veteran quarterback who is devoted to his faith and family and spends his spare time volunteering with foster children. This is an absolutely precious story about miracles that God works in the lives of Aaron and Derrick, a special foster boy Cory, and his foster mom Megan during the course of one unforgettable season.

In A Hearbeat: Sharing the Power of Cheerful Giving is a wonderful book relevant to the other team playing in the Super Bowl this weekend. This memoir is the Blind Side story from the perspective of Leigh Anne and Sean Tuohy, adoptive parents of Baltimore Ravens star Michael Oher. A common theme that the Tuohys articulate throughout the book is that Michael impacted their life just as much as they impacted his. Really the only reason I look forward to the Super Bowl is because it's an opportunity to try new recipes to take to a party and then socialize at the party. I don't follow pro football so I never really have a vested interested in the outcome of the Super Bowl. However, if I had to pick a team to win this year I would root for the Ravens, because of Michael Oher and his amazing story.

5. No-bake Cookies & Cream Treats with Birthday Cake Oreos
I recently tried another variation on the no-bake Cookies & Cream treats originally featured here. The Birthday Cake Oreos are back in stores, so I made them using this variety and they were exceptional!

Have a great weekend y'all!
-L
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment