Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Featured Outfit: An Unexpected Combo

So I have a handful of Featured Outfits that I have worn recently and need to post! This particular one is from my trip two weekends ago to visit one of my best friends. One of the great things about Lilly Pulitzer skorts is that they are so versatile! You can wear them with a polo or tank top and Jacks or flip-flops for a casual but cute daytime look. However, they can also be dressed up a bit with a jacket and wedges to go out to dinner or for a night out, as I have discovered. This versatility of the Lilly skort was especially convenient during my recent trip. During the drive down on Friday afternoon I wore a Lilly skort, white top, and Jacks. I got caught in traffic and didn't have time to go by my friend's place and change before dinner. Luckily I was resourceful and threw on a dark gray jacket over my top (it was getting a bit chillier anyways) and swapped my Jacks for some wedges. The place where we had dinner that night wasn't super fancy, but I probably would've felt a little underdressed if I had kept both the plain white top and Jacks on with my skort. I felt that my ensemble with the jacket and wedges was appropriate, and it gave me a chance to be creative and pull together an outfit I might not otherwise have worn out to dinner if I was standing in my closet at home.
Jacket: LOFT; Top: Banana Republic Outlet; Skort: Lilly Pulitzer Alberta Gator Print (Spring 2010); Shoes: Banana Republic Outlet; Earrings: Lilly Pulitzer (Resort 2012); Pearls: Honora; Bracelet: Kate Spade Rise Above Idiom Bangle; Sunglasses: Kate Spade
And here's a closer-up view

Have y'all put together any unexpected outfit combinations lately?
-L
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment