Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

The Preppy Little Details

One of the things I love about some of my favorite preppy brands are the "secret" details present in their clothes. I refer to these little details as "secret" because they are not visible to anyone else when I'm wearing the garment. Despite the fact that I am the only one who knows they exist when I wear them, I still think they add a nice extra touch. These preppy little details are one of the many things that contribute to the exceptional design of two of my favorite brands: Lilly Pulitzer and J.Crew. Here are a few examples from my closet:

Lilly Pulitzer Creme Fraiche Shorts:
full shot of the shorts
Preppy detail: trim in contrasting print on inside of waistband

J.Crew Sun Hat:
full view of hat
Preppy detail: ribbon trim on inside of hat

Lilly Pulitzer Multi Gator Patch Shorts:
full view of shorts
Preppy detail: blue gingham inner waistband

Lilly Pulitzer Cherry Begonias Avery Skirt:
Full view of skirt
Preppy detail: infamous Lilly Lace sewn on inside of hem

J.Crew Khaki Chino Shorts:
Full view of shorts
Preppy detail: contrasting fabric inner waistband

Lilly Pulitzer Pandamonium Roslyn Skirt:
Full view of skirt
Preppy detail: infamous Lilly Lace sewn on inside hem. This is a trademark of many Lilly dresses and skirts.

Lilly Pulitzer Caroline Cardigan:
Full view of cardigan
Preppy detail: contrasting green stitching on inside of neckline

Do you have some favorite "preppy little details" on items in your closet?
-L
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Cute post!! I love the secrets Lilly puts in their pieces :)

    -Rachel @ A Preppy State of Mind

    ReplyDelete