Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bathing Suit Bonanza

Hey y'all! So we are just a little over two weeks away from Memorial Day weekend, which marks the unofficial beginning of SUMMER-my favorite season! Which means lots of time spent at the pool and beach! However, it is not too early to begin shopping for a bathing suit, especially since in the South we have already had many summer-like days. And while a lot of pools may not open until Memorial Day weekend, many people are already taking advantage of residential pools that are open for use right now. Plus it's not too soon to take a weekend trip to the beach or the lake to get a head start on soaking up the sun. Just be sure to wear sunscreen!

Here are a few swimsuit suggestions. The first three featured are from Old Navy, which is currently where all my bathing suits are from. With all the wear and tear swimsuits withstand from the sun, salt, chlorine, and sunscreen stains, I don't like to spend a whole lot of money on one bathing suit. Plus I like being able to get several so that I can have multiple looks for the pool and beach. Set A is an Old Navy two-piece mix & match combo I just purchased this spring. I was in desperate need of a bandeau top since all of my other bathing suit tops are halter-style. The past few summers I have gotten really bad tan lines since there is no way to undo the straps while laying out without flashing everyone at the pool or beach. So incorporating a bandeau top into my line-up will hopefully alleviate this issue! Also, I really wanted to get more tie-bottoms, since you can adjust them for that perfect fit. With basic bikini bottoms I get what I think is the appropriate size to have adequate coverage, but then they end up stretching out really badly throughout the summer. Set B is another Old Navy set I just purchased- a string bikini top and tie bottoms in a fun print. Although they are called "string bikini", I still feel that they provide ample coverage. As a general rule though, I usually size up from my normal clothing size when buying bathing suits just to make sure they aren't too skimpy. This is just my personal experience and preferences-try them on and decide which size you feel most comfortable in! Set C is an Old Navy mix & match set with halter top and basic bikini bottoms. I have a couple suits like this that I bought in previous years. Although I prefer the tie-bottoms, this is still a flattering style that I recommend. I would suggest finding a string bikini bottom that matches the halter top you want. Old Navy swimsuits are inexpensive, but you can wear them for more than one summer! This is definitely my top bathing suit shopping destination. You can find suits with a flattering shape, bright colors and prints, and a great price!

Set A:

Old Navy Swim Separates Bandeau Top

Old Navy String Bikini Bottoms (both pieces featured in Madagascar color)


Set B:

Old Navy Mix & Match String Bikini Top 

Old Navy Mix & Match String Bikini Bottom (both pieces featured in Warm Floral)


Set C:


Old Navy Mix & Match Halter Top

Old Navy Mix & Match Bikini Bottoms


The next two-piece set featured is from Target. I have never purchased a bathing suit from Target before, but I saw this polka dot bandeau top and tie-bottoms online. It is another cute suit for a great price that would be worth trying out.


Target Mossimo Bandeau top

Target Mossimo side-tie bottoms

The remaining suits are out of my bathing suit budget, but I still wanted to include them because they are cute options from some of my favorite brands. If I had to choose between a Lilly dress or a Lilly bathing suit I would pick the dress, and I would choose another pair of Tory Burch flats over a Tory Burch bathing suit. However, if you are willing to splurge on a bathing suit then check them out! And if not you can admire from afar like me :)




Vineyard Vines Whale Watching Bandeau Top and Ring Side Bottom

Have you bought any new bathing suits yet for the upcoming summer? Where are your favorite places to shop for swimsuits? Are bathing suits a "save" or a "splurge" item for you?
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I love the Vineyard Vines one! So cute!
    I like to buy one good swimsuit and I end up wearing it all the time. Last year I got one from Volcom and still choose it almost every time I go to the beach or pool.
    Fun post, Liz.

    ReplyDelete