Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas Hodge Podge

My apologies for the lack of posts the past several days, but lots has been going on! Tis the season! It's hard to believe there is less than a week left until Christmas! Here is an assortment of some of my favorite Christmas things:

A Christmas classic that never gets old and is always good for lots of laughs!

One of my favorite Christmas candies

This heartwarming Christmas special illustrates the true meaning of Christmas. And who doesn't love the Peanuts gang!

Baking
I especially enjoy baking during the Christmas season, particularly festive goodies like covered pretzels, Christmas Oreo treats, and chocolate chip pumpkin bars.

Another one of my favorite Christmas movies, featuring one of my favorite actresses: Reese Witherspoon.

Taylor Swift Christmas Album
As much as I dislike T. Swift's latest stuff I will always love her Christmas CD, especially her original song "Christmas Must Be Something More" that is about the true meaning of Christmas.

This movie is precious, and Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis make a hilarious starring duo!

These are amazing!

The Nutcracker Ballet
I always enjoy taking in a performance of The Nutcracker at Christmastime. This year I went for the first time in about four years so it was a nice treat. My favorite dance is the Waltz of the Snowflakes. The music and the dance are beautiful!

While this book can be enjoyed at any time of the year, Karen Kingsbury's latest novel takes place during Christmastime and is a touching story of miracles and second chances.

This novella from the Red Gloves Collection is a short, touching Christmas-themed book by KK.

And the best part about Christmas is the good news of the birth of Jesus:
"Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord." -Luke 2:11

What are some of your favorite things about Christmas?
-L
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment