Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve Random Ramblings

In just a matter of hours we will say goodbye to 2012 and ring in 2013! I feel like there has flown by! I don't really have an organized post on a single "year in review" topic for today, so instead I'm just going to share a few random thoughts and such as 2012 comes to an end.

One of my highlights of 2012 is this blog. Even though I technically started it in 2011 I didn't begin posting regularly until this past April. I know it's not as popular and well-followed as some of the other preppy Southern blogs out there, but I enjoy writing it and it makes my day when y'all leave comments! It also means the world to me when my real-life friends tells me they read and like Pearls Go With Everything and that they share it with their friends.

2012 also brought my discovery of two new random and unrelated favorite things: Karen Kingsbury books and Snyder's Honey Mustard Onion Pretzel Pieces. It's hard to believe I was unaware of their awesomeness just one year ago. This past summer, after hearing a good friend Bible Study reader rave about them, I decided to start reading Karen Kingsbury books for myself. I immediately became hooked and in the past six months have read all but four of her fiction novels. They are more than just entertaining stories-the messages are encouraging and inspiring and saturated with Scripture references and examples of God's goodness in all circumstances. I now recommend them to all my friends and will definitely be re-reading them myself!

I tried the Snyder's Honey Mustard Onion Pretzel Pieces for the first time during Memorial Day weekend at the beach with my best friend. Ever since, I have kept a bag in the pantry. They are so delicious and addicting!

I know this sounds cliche, but for me 2012 has been a year of learning, growing, and changes (some which I couldn't have even imagined one year ago); strengthening relationships with old friends; making new friends; and growing more into who God wants me to be. Oh, and it's also been a great year of trying out new Pinterest recipes to add to my resume in the kitchen! 
I am ready for a new year and excited to see what God has in store for me in 2013!

Here are some of my favorite song lyrics to reflect upon as the dawn of a new year approaches:

"It's time to take your chips and cash them all in, 'cause it matters where you're going not where you've been." -Carrie Underwood (from One Way Ticket)

"So I'll grab the wheel and point it west, pack the good and leave the rest. I'll drive until I find the missing piece. You said I wouldn't get too far on a tank of gas and an empty heart, but I got everything I'll ever need. I got this old guitar and a brand new set of strings." -Miranda Lambert (from New Strings)

"Cause it's so clear every year we get stronger, what's gone is gone, the past is the past, turn the radio up and hit the gas. 'Cause...I know we've come so far but we got so far to go. I know the road seems long but it won't be long till it's time to go." -Come So Far (Got So Far So Far To Go) from Hairspray the movie

And I'll end this post with a New Year's Eve- themed clip from one of my all-time favorite Friends episodes: The One With The Routine where Monica and Ross break out an old dance (The Routine) they did at a middle school talent show in an effort to get noticed at a taping for Dick Clark's New Year's Rocking Eve:

Hope y'all have fun and safe night!
-L
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment