Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

Prayers for Peace

In light of today's horrific news from the elementary school shooting in Connecticut, here are some  verses from Scripture to bring peace, comfort, and healing amidst this fallen world we live in:

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." -John 16:33

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." -Hebrews 13:8 (This was actually one of the featured verses in Jesus Calling today. The timing could not be more appropriate!)

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." -Deuteronomy 31:8

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." -Genesis 28:15

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:7

Praying for "peace which transcends all understanding" for all those affected by this senseless tragedy!

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment