Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Top Songs of 2012

Here are my five most memorable songs of 2012, in no particular order. I really don't listen to mainstream top 40 radio that much, so I haven't really heard a lot of popular songs from this year enough to consider them memorable. Or in some cases, I've heard them but either can't stand them or they are not tasteful enough to include on this blog. One song I debated including but decided to omit is Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together." Yes, the song itself is memorable and catchy and it's not completely painful to the ears (I'd rather listen to it than that awful "Starships" song by Nicki Minaj) but Taylor Swift honestly annoys me these days. Which is a shame, because I used to like her a lot and still do listen to and enjoy her three previous albums. I just don't care for the direction her music has taken and declined to purchase her newest album. Anyways, enough of my T. Swift rant and without further ado here are my top five songs of 2012. I limited my list to songs that were actually released during 2012, as opposed to merely popular.

1. Home by Phillip Phillips
I will forever associate this top single by the May 2012 American Idol winner with the 2012 Summer Olympics and the Fierce Five's domination in the women's gymnastics competition. Since I don't watch American Idol, the gymnastics promos were the first time I really heard "Home" and I was hooked on both the melody and lyrics.

2. Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen
Some might find this viral hit of Summer 2012 annoying, but I think it's quite catchy and couldn't resist downloading to my iTunes. Many spoofs of the music video have been done, with the most noteworthy (in my opinion) being the USA Olympic Swim Team.

3. Good Time by Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen 
I can't resist liking this Carly Rae Jepsen hit either.

4. One Way Ticket by Carrie Underwood
This song didn't get any radio play, but it is my favorite from Carrie Underwood's newest album released back in May. I highly recommend downloading. It has a kinda reggae beat and amazing lyrics. My favorite line is "it's time to take your chips and cash them all in, cause it matters where you're going not where you've been." This catchy line is perfect to keep in mind as we prepare for a new year!

5. Good Girl by Carrie Underwood
And last but not least is one of the major singles from Carrie Underwood's new album.

What do y'all consider the most memorable music of 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment