Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Walk By Faith

During my devotional time recently, I have come across some great verses and quotes that encourage me to live by faith rather than sight.

First up is this AMAZING quote from my Streams In The Desert devotional:
"Let your sight bring you reports as discouraging as possible, but pay no attention to them. Our heavenly Father lives, and even the delays of answers to our prayers are part of His goodness."
-Arthur Tappan Pierson

And a couple great verses, both from 2 Corinthians:
"We live by faith, not by sight." -2 Corinthians 5:7
This verse is short, sweet, and to the point, but oh so powerful!

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." -2 Corinthians 4:18
My Jesus Calling devotional presented a great application of this verse by describing our circumstances as "what is seen" and the presence of Jesus as "what is unseen." This was such a wonderful reminder to me that my focus should be Jesus and His constant presence in my life, no matter what my circumstances may be. The Lord has really been showing me this A LOT lately in my life and it has been such a blessing! 

Hope y'all find these quotes/verses as encouraging as I do. Take heart and have faith: your vision is limited to what is right in front of you but God sees your whole entire life and is preparing you moment by moment for what lies ahead. He knows what is best for you and His timing is perfect. It is easier said than done, but clinging to this truth and choosing to view your life and circumstances from His unseen perspective rather than your limited seen perspective brings such joy and peace!

Blessings!
-L
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment