Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Featured Outfit: Zoo Trip and Derby Day

This past Saturday my best friend and I went to the zoo. Since it was a little chillier than we had anticipated for the first Saturday in May, I had to alter my outfit plans. Even though it didn't feel right to be wearing a fleece vest in North Carolina in May, my Lilly Pulitzer Amani Children's Foundation Murfee scarf was very festive attire for the zoo, because the print contains elephants, giraffes, zebras, lions, rhinos, and ostriches. I'm just thankful it stayed dry and that the sun came out enough to require sunglasses.
Riding an elephant
At the elephant exhibit

Shirt: J.Crew; Fleece vest: Lilly Pulitzer; Scarf: Lilly Pulitzer; Jeans: Citizens of Humanity Avedon Skinny; Boots: Ariat Hertiage Western R-toe; Sunglasses: Kate Spade; Bangle: J.Crew Factory; Ring: Kate Spade; Earrings: Kate Spade; Purse: Longchamp Le Pliage

Elephant taking a drink!

Giraffe bending down to eat!

I was hoping to wear my Lilly floppy hat to the zoo in honor of Derby Day, but it would've looked silly with a fleece vest. So when we got home I changed into my Lilly Pulitzer Elsa top and we took a picture in Derby hats!

What did y'all do on Derby Day?

-L
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment