Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday Favorites

Hope y'all have had a great Friday! I'm a little late getting this post up, but at least it's still Friday. Today is an especially great Friday because the 2012 Summer Olympics kick-off with the Opening Ceremonies! I'm watching the Parade of Nations right now. Germany has the best uniforms so far-I love the women's pink jackets! But of course Team USA is number one in my heart! I am so looking forward to the next two weeks of competition, especially gymnastics, swimming, and diving!
Aside from the excitement of the Olympics, here are a few more favorites:

Skirt:
Lilly Pulitzer Whitley Skirt in Starfruit Yellow Burnout (from Summer 2011)
I love how this mini skirt appears solid yellow, but has a floral print incorporated in it.

 Photo Album:
Lilly Pulitzer Limeade Floaters print
I am a big picture taker-my friends can also count on me to have my camera! I do like to print out my favorites and put them in albums, and this Lilly album is a great coffee table fixture. This particular print is discontinued, but you can find this Lilly album in a different print here.

Snack Food:
my image
Trader Joe's Joe-Joe's
These are the Trader Joe's version of Oreos. To be honest the first time I tried them I did not like them but when I tried them again I thought they were so good! Plus the all-natural flavors and lack of hydrogenated oils make them somewhat better for you. Both the chocolate cream and vanilla cream varieties are good, but I especially love that the vanilla cream contains real vanilla bean flecks!

TV Show:
The start of the Olympics reminds me of how much I love this show, and how much I wish they would have filmed at least one more season. The plot of this series features four elite gymnasts training in hopes of making the national team, world championship team, and then finally the Olympic team. Drama from outside the gym with family and boyfriends is also a prominent part of the story line. Sadly, the series final was this past May. Three volumes of episodes are currently available on DVD and I'm anxious for them to release the rest!

Have a great weekend and enjoy watching the Olympics!
-L
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment