Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Liebster Blogger Award

So I've won another blogger award: The Liebster. I have been nominated by Polos Pearls & Bows and Life Love & Bargain Labels. The Liebster Blogger Award is for upcoming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Thanks lovelies for nominating me!


Here are the rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs!

11 things about me:
1. I have never traveled north of the Mason-Dixon line or west of the Mississippi. 
2. My biggest regret from college is not doing a sorority. However, everything happens for a reason and it just wasn't the right thing for me at the time.
3. I am not a fan of tea. I know not drinking sweet tea sounds very un-Southern of me but I just don't like how it tastes by itself. I will only drink it in the form of a Firefly & Lemonade or an Arnold Palmer.
4. I love the Chick-fil-a cow. I think he is such an adorable mascot.
5. I have been to Disney World nine times. The most recent visit was over five years ago and I am ready to go back. You are never too old to enjoy that place.
6. My favorite movie ever is Legally Blonde and I have dressed up as Elle Woods twice for Halloween.  Even though I have always been a natural brunette I still feel like I can relate to Elle.
7. I love self-serve frozen yogurt places! My favorite flavors are Red Velvet, Yellow Cake Batter, and White Chocolate Mousse. 
8. From November to March my life revolves heavily around the UNC Basketball schedule. Go Heels!
9. I have only been wearing Lilly Pulitzer for about two and a half years, even though my closet and my enthusiasm for the brand would suggest it has been much longer!
10. I am a cat person- my parents have two sweet black & white cats we adopted from the Humane Society.
11. Last but definitely not least- my faith is very important to me.

My 11 Questions from Polos Pearls & Bows:
1. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Married and raising kids, being active in my church and community
2. Favorite animal? panda
3. Favorite television show? Among shows currently on air- Dance Moms; All-time- Friends, Make It Or Break It
4. If you spend time with anyone in the world [past/present] for 24 hours, who would it be and what would you do? Tory Burch-we would go shopping and talk fashion and she would give me a preview of her upcoming collections
5. Favorite Perfume? Lilly Pulitzer Beachy
6. If you could spend a month in any country, where would it be? a tie between Greece and Italy
7. Least favorite subject? Chemistry and Physics- I avoided them as much as possible in high school and college
8. Favorite holiday? Christmas
9. Who is your celebrity crush? Tyler Zeller 
10. If you were one age for the rest of your life, what age would you like to be? 21-22
11. Favorite genre of music? country and oldies

My 11 Questions from Life, Love, and Bargain Labels:
1. What was the most awkward date you've ever been on? Luckily I haven't had any really bad experiences, but one time a guy I didn't know very well invited me to go to a dance with him. He was really shy and I was shy back then so we didn't really have much conversation during the night.
2. What supernatural ability would you most like to have, and why? To instantly teleport myself anywhere in the world so that if multiple events were happening simultaneously in different cities I could go to them all for a little bit. It would also be a nice way to have spontaneous lunch or dinner dates with friends who do not live close to me.
3. What trivial thing are you afraid of? Fish creep me out- I like going to an aquarium and I don't mind swimming in the ocean or lake. I just can't think about the fact that they are swimming around me. If I went fishing I would only observe because the idea of touching one grosses me out. Also I would never have a pet fish because the thought of having to move it to clean the tank freaks me out.
4. If you could only shop at one store for the rest of your life, what would it be? Palm Avenue, because they carry the full line of Lilly, plus Jack Rogers, and some other upscale brands. 
5. How do you eat an Oreo? It honestly depends. Sometimes I eat it like a sandwich, sometimes I untwist it and lick the cream off then eat the cookie halves. 
6. If you could live in any decade or era, what would it be? I like the technology of the current era, but the '90s had some great TV, and the '50s would be fun too.
7. What does your favorite piece of jewelry look like? Pearls of course!
8. What is your favorite book that you read recently? Hard to pick just one, but I really liked Oceans Apart by Karen Kingsbury. It was so sweet I was crying at the end.
9. If you could have dinner with a favorite figure, alive or dead, who would it be? Shawn Johnson-read her memoir recently and she just seems like such a great person.
10. What is your favorite Mean Girls quote? "Some say I have a sixth sense- it's like I have ESPN or something."
11. If you could move anywhere, where would it be? Nowhere far away, I love the South too much. But the closer to the beach the better!

I nominate:

11 Questions for the bloggers I have nominated:
1. If you could only eat at one restaurant for the rest of your life what would it be?
2. What was your most memorable Halloween costume?
3. Favorite musical?
4. Are you more likely to splurge on clothes or makeup/beauty products?
5. Favorite brand of jeans?
6. What was the last book you read?
7. What is your favorite way to relax?
8. If you could learn how to play any musical instrument what would it be?
9. Favorite sports team?
10. What was your favorite cartoon or TV show as a child?
11. Who is your favorite singer/group you have seen in concert?

-L
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. love your answers! I love how oreos can sound so important! I am your newest follower! I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting! I love new followers! I am now following your blog as well and look forward to adding it to my reading list!

      Delete