Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday Five

So I'm a little late getting this up here today, but better late than never right?

1. Good Friday
Today isn't just any other Friday. For me, this is the day that Jesus paid the ultimate price for my sins with His death on the cross nearly 2000 years ago. I am thankful for His sacrifice of taking the punishment I deserve upon Himself. But I am even more thankful that the story doesn't end there and death doesn't have the final victory!
"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." -Isaiah 53:5
Image via

2. Towne and Reese Long Necklace
A dear friend gave me this gorgeous long necklace as a birthday present. It is by Towne and Reese and this particular style and color isn't available on their website right now, but you can check their retailer tab to find a local boutique that may carry it. The color of the beads is super close to Carolina blue and it complements my Shorely Blue Lilly cardigan quite well. And the elegant gold chain looks great with my Kate Spade cocktail ring! 

3. Tory Burch iPhone 4 Case
Last week Tory Burch had a private online sale shared with email subscribers and I got this beautiful hardshell iPhone case. My Lilly case that I had for over a year and a half was in sorry shape. It still protected my phone fine but the print was peeling off horribly and was looking really grungy. As cute as the Lilly iPhone cases are, I feel that this TB one is nicer and sturdier.

4. Florida Gulf Coast University Basketball
Florida Gulf Coast University is one of the biggest stories that emerged from the first weekend of March Madness. FGCU (which sounds like a credit union name, as one of my friends said) defeated #2 seed Georgetown in the first round, then went on to beat San Diego State in the second round to earn a berth in the Sweet 16. They made history by becoming the first #15 seed to ever go to the Sweet 16! This is a team that didn't expect to win even one game in the tournament so it is super fun to watch them celebrate their success. It is so precious how excited they are and I especially love the footage of them celebrating in the locker room after their victories.

5. Breyer's Blast Birthday Blast
In honor of my birthday week, I bought a new flavor of Breyers Blasts frozen dairy dessert to try: Birthday Blast! It has cake pieces and sprinkles in a birthday cake flavored frozen dairy dessert and is super delicious!!! While it's not the healthiest thing out there the nutrition facts really aren't too awful as far as frozen desserts go.

Have a great Easter weekend y'all!
-L
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment